TOM LEONARD’S TOMAHAWK STEAK WITH FOIL ROASTED SHALLOTS
A dramatic cut, with up to 8 inches of exposed bone, it’s called a “tomahawk” because the steak and long bone resembles an axe. Tom Leonard’s Tomahawk steaks are loaded with juicy, restaurant-quality beef and come directly from family-owned ranchers throughout the Midwest. Hand-selected for their generous marbling and hand-trimmed by Tom’s own butchers, a two-pound Tomahawk should serve two people.
- 1 Tomahawk Steak, approx. 2 lbs.
- 6 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 lb. Shallots, peeled
- 1/2 cup Tom Leonard’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Season both sides of the steak liberally with salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Rub both sides of the steak with olive oil and 6 cloves of crushed fresh garlic
- Place shallots on a large double sheet of foil and season with ½ tsp of salt and ½ tsp of pepper
- Toss shallots with ½ cup of olive oil
- Bring the four corners of the foil together. Twist the foil together to form a pouch.
- Heat grill to medium to medium-high
- Grill steak 10 min. per side until desired doneness
- While steak is cooking, place pouch of shallots in a corner of the grill, away from the high heat
- Shake pouch occasionally to move shallots around
- When done, remove from steak grill and let it rest for 5 minutes
- Open pouch and pour shallots/olive oil over steak