TOM’S MANHATTAN CLAM CHOWDER
This tomato-based chowder is zesty and chock full of vegetables. Even New England Clam Chowdah fans will agree that this recipe is a keeper!
Preparation Time: 25 Min.
Cooking Time: 30 Min.
Yield: 8 servings
- 6 slices Premium Bacon, chopped
- 2 cups Onion, diced (about 2 large onions)
- 1 cup Celery, diced (about 2 stalks)
- 1 cup Baby Carrots, diced (about 2 large carrots)
- 1 cup Clam Juice
- 1 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups Tomato Juice
- 1 tsp. Thyme, dried
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 1 28 oz. can Clams
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- In a pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until it is crisp. Remove the bacon.
- Add the onions to the fat and cook until golden. Add all of the other ingredients except the clams and the potatoes and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and clams and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper and taste.