TOM’S AWARD-WINNING NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER
Preparation Time: 10 Min.
Cooking Time: 25 Min.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 stick Salted Butter
- 1-1/2 cups Onion, diced (about 2 medium onions)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 (14 oz. can or jar) Clam Juice
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Yukon Gold Potatoes, cubed and peeled (about 4 medium potatoes)
- 1 (28 oz. can) Clams, chopped
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and the black pepper. Saute until translucent. Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the clam juice and mix well. Add the milk and cream and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook over medium-high heat until they start to soften don’t cook them too much or they will become mushy by the time you eat them. Add the clams and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste very important!