TOM’S FAVORITE EGG WHITE & VEGETABLE OMELET
A protein-packed, high-powered way to start your day! Serve with a slice of Tom’s organic Country Hearth bread on the side.
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oils
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Scallion, chopped, including green part
- 4 Mushrooms, white, trimmed of stems, one chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 egg, white only
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Coat a large pan (nonstick works best) with the olive oil. Place over medium-high heat and add the onion and scallion. Place the four whole white mushrooms around the perimeter of the pan to brown, stem side up. Cook, stirring the onions, for 3 minutes. When the mushrooms are browned on top remove them and set aside.
- Add the remaining vegetables to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan. Add the egg white (if not using a nonstick pan, you may need a little more oil) and stir with a plastic spatula. When the egg whites are 70% cooked (still wet), return all of the vegetables to the pan. Stir vigorously. Taste for seasonings. When the egg whites firm up, empty everything onto a serving platter. With a spatula mold the ingredients into a neat omelet shape. Garnish with the white mushrooms, cap side up.