SIZZLING BEEF FAJITAS
A classic Tex-Mex recipe! The longer you marinate the beef in this tangy marinade, the more flavorful and tender your meat will be.
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 4 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oils, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 lbs. Flank Steak
- 1 large Onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp. Cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, ground
- 16 Tortillas, 8-inch size
- 3 medium Green Pepper, cut into strips
- 4 oz. Cheese, shredded, about 1 cup Salsa
- In a large zip-top plastic bag combine the lime juice, 3 tbsp. of the olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Add the flank steak, seal and turn to coat. Marinate flank steak in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove steak from refrigerator. Preheat the grill. Wrap tortillas in foil. Grill the steak, turning once, for 6 minutes for rare, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165° for medium rare.
- Remove to cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes. Place the foil-wrapped tortillas on the grill to warm. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes, or until tender and browned. Slice the meat and toss into the vegetable mixture with the cilantro. Serve with warmed tortillas, cheese, salsa and guacamole.