MOROCCAN COUSCOUS SALAD
Served with chicken or fish, this is a colorful, zesty side dish. Great for a picnic in place of macaroni salad.
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oils
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 lb. box Couscous
- 1/2 cup Red Pepper, cored and diced, (about 1 small pepper)
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper, cored and diced, (about 1 small pepper)
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 3/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice, about 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- According to the couscous package directions, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Season with olive oil, salt, and cumin.
- Put the couscous in a large bowl. Pour the boiling water over the couscous and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Let the couscous rest until all of the water is absorbed. Let it cool and fluff it with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.