Stew Jr.’s eldest daughter, Blake, loves to make this for her parents and sisters when they all make it home for dinner.
When you select whole chickens, broilers are the smallest type at less than 2-1/2 lbs. Roasters are the largest at about 4-1/2 lbs, and fryers are between the two.
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 Min.
Cook Time: 75 Min.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oils
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Sage, chopped
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Whole Chicken, about 3-4 lbs
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- From the lemon, grate 1 teaspoon of the zest and squeeze 1/4 cup juice. Place the zest and juice in a large bowl along with the olive oil, wine, garlic, sage, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Leaving the chicken breast side down, loosely cover the bowl and let stand for 1 hour, occasionally basting with the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake for 1-1/4 hours, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of meat registers 180°.