VAT 17 WORLDLY REUBEN
Vat 17, a unique blend of Cheddars from around the world, offers a tangy nuttiness that gives a classic Reuben sandwich a decadent twist. Tom likes this sandwich served on pumpernickel bread. fresh from his sister Bethy’s Bakery and extra Russian dressing on the side for dipping!
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Dill Pickles, finely chopped
- 8 slices Pumpernickel Bread
- Vat 17 World Cheddar, sliced
- Pile Corned Beef, warmed
- 1 cup Sauerkraut, drained
- Salted Butter
- To make the Russian dressing combine the mayo, ketchup and chopped pickles in a small bowl. Spread approximately 1 tbsp. of the dressing on 4 slices of pumpernickel bread.
- Layer on sliced Vat 17, a pile of warmed corn beef, approximately ¼ c sauerkraut, and another layer of sliced Vat 17.
- Spread approximately 1 tbsp. of the Russian dressing on the remaining 4 pieces of pumpernickel and place on top of the sandwiches, dressing side down.
- Spread the top and bottom of the sandwiches with butter.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium heat and cook the sandwiches until the bottoms are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Gently turn the sandwiches over and cook for another 4 minutes until that side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a plate or cutting board and serve with the remaining Russian dressing for extra dipping.