NOT YOUR MOTHER’S BRUSSELS SPROUTS
The strong, cabbage-like flavor of Brussels sprouts that you may remember from childhood is tempered by the saltiness of the bacon and the sweetness of maple syrup. Even YOUR kids will eat this side dish!
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 tbs. Salted Butter
- 4 strips Premium Bacon, diced, 1/4 inch
- Half Red Onion, diced
- 28 oz. pkg. Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- 1 oz. Warm Water
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Add diced bacon to a frying pan, pre-heated at med to high-heat, and render bacon till crisp.
- Add butter. When melted, add onions and continue to cook onions until translucent.
- Add Brussels Sprouts and water. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add maple syrup and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes and serve.