GRILLED TUNA STEAK WITH SHIRAZ BUTTER SAUCE, CHARRED ONIONS AND SQUASH RIBBONS
- 2 cups Shiraz Wine
- 1 tbsp. Shallots, minced
- 1 Cloves
- 1/3 lb. Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 Yellow Squash, cut into ribbons
- 2 Green Squash, cut into ribbons
- 2 whole Onions, cut into half inch sticks
- 4 pieces Tuna Steaks, 4-6 ounces each and cut approximately ¾ of an inch thick, seasoned with vegetable oil, salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high and clean using a stiff metal brush scraper.
- On your stovetop or on your grill, combine the Shiraz, minced shallots, peppercorns, and clove in a saucepan and slowly bring to a boil.
- Stir in butter gradually.
- As wine mixture comes to a boil, lower flame and reduce the wine mixture until you get a syrupy texture. Keep warm on a back burner.
- Grill the squash ribbons and char the onions. Set aside.
- Heat grill to high.
- Sear the tuna steaks for approximately one to one and a half minutes on each side for medium rare.
- To serve, position the onions on the bottom of the plate. Curl the squash ribbons over the onion and then place the tuna on top. Drizzle with wine sauce.