GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH NAKED SHRIMP & CHARRED CORN SALAD
Prep time: 35 Min.
Cook time: 28 to 30 Min.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 lbs. Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1-1/4 lb. Large Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 4 ears Super Sweet Corn, lightly oiled & seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup Red Pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Green Pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. Cilantro Leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oils
- 1 Lime, juiced
To Prepare Shrimp & Corn Salad:
- Mix shrimp, olive oil, garlic and brown sugar together in a bowl and set aside.
- Grill corn for 3 to 4 minutes until grilled all around, let cool a few minutes and cut kernels off of cob and place in a bowl.
- Mix corn with red peppers, green peppers, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Place in refrigerator.
- Toss shrimp again to coat with olive oil, garlic and brown sugar.
- Place shrimp on grill and keep moving around for 3 to 4 minutes until all shrimp are pink.
- Plate corn salad and place warm shrimp on top of the salad.
Best served over grilled ciabatta bread.
To Prepare Flank Steak:
- Rub both sides of the flank steak with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes per side for medium rare to medium.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.