Here at Tom Leonard’s Farmer’s Market, not only are we committed to providing the freshest, most local, and highest quality meats, seafood, produce and other grocery items…we are also fully committed to your health and safety. Tom Leonard’s does a deep cleaning every day above CDC guidelines and during these unprecedented times we are taking even greater steps to protect you and our staff.
We have installed Plexiglas guards at all registers and service areas to ensure a safe separation.
All customer and team member contact areas are frequently and regularly sanitized throughout each day. Examples include:
- Clean and sanitize all shopping carts and cart handles.
- Clean and sanitize our register belts, keypads, and pens at the registers every hour and whenever customers request it.
- Clean and sanitize our handrails, door handles, and phones every hour.
- Clean and sanitize food contact surfaces every 1 hour.
- Provide Sani-wipes and hand sanitizer throughout our stores for customers and Team Members to use.
- Clean and sanitize our Bathrooms, Team Member Lockers, and Team Member Work Areas.
Tom Leonard’s management team is also in regular communication with our Team Members about steps that they should take throughout their workday to keep themselves and our shoppers healthy:
- Team Members must thoroughly wash their hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds throughout their shift, after each break and before returning to work, and change their gloves between tasks.
- Cover your cough – but don’t cough into your hand! Use a tissue or the sleeve of your shirt.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
To further protect your health, we are also asking customers to please do the following:
- Please be patient and give fellow shoppers the proper social distance of at least 6 feet while waiting in line or in the store.
- While at checkout, please remain at the end of the belt until the customer in front has cleared the register.
- Respect Tom Leonard’s early shopping hour that is being reserved for the elderly, immunocompromised, and others with health conditions.
- Shop for only what you and your family will need for one week at a time. There is no need to hoard groceries as our supply chain is strong and we are getting frequent deliveries of products.
- Where possible we also ask that you please only send ONE person from your household to shop.
THANK YOU for doing your part – we will get through this together!